Friday, March 30, 2012

???????

One of the toughest things for me about blogging (is that a word?) is coming up with clever titles for whatever story I concoct. It shouldn't be a problem, and it really shouldn't make a difference WHAT I stick up there, but for me it's a major obstacle. In today's rambling I'm already half a paragraph into my post and don't have a clue what I'm going to write about. Maybe the run I did yesterday while I was supposed to be working? Is that wise? To admit on a publicly accessible venue that I took a longer lunch than I was supposed to? I think that's what I'll address today.

The weather yesterday was horrible. Pretty much like it has been continually for the last 3 weeks. Klamath Falls boasts that it's Oregon's City of Sunshine, and we're supposed to see the sun over 330 days out of the year, but this year seems to be an exception. I can't REMEMBER the last time I saw the sun! I think it's tried to shine a couple of times, but the freaking WIND has been blowing so hard any sunbeams that might have somehow managed to sneak through the cloud cover have gotten blown back into space! Nasty weather doesn't usually bother me, but this stuff has gotten old. Enough about weather...back to my run.

I had a couple of work appointments yesterday morning, and after completing them, headed home to try to get a run in before the rain we had in the forecast hit. It was windy again, with sustained winds of 15+ mph, and gust up to 25, so I knew it wasn't going to be pleasant. The wind was from the Southeast, which meant that my trip out on the OC&E wouldn't be much fun. Long story short, it wasn't much fun. The good thing is that when you start into the wind on an out-and-back the return trip is much better, and it definitely was. I got in 4 miles (actually a little bit more than 4....I walked for about 50 yards at the 1 1/2 mile mark, so put in an extra 1/4 mile to make up for it.

The run was successful. I felt pretty good, but I'm still running really slowly, and really struggle mentally to keep going. In fact, the 50 yards that I walked wasn't out of necessity. I wasn't short of breath, my legs felt good...for some reason I just shut down. It's bizarre, but sometimes that happens to me during a run. I don't know if it was the wind or what, but I somehow convinced myself that I needed to walk, and that's what I wound up doing. It's frustrating, becasue I knew that I didn't need to, but presto chango....one second I'm running, and the next I'm walking. Wierd, isn't it?

I don't know what I'm going to do today. I'd like to go for a run during lunch again today, but the weather is actually a little worse than yesterday (more high winds, and raining hard) so I'm not sure what to do. Janet is supposed to go 10 miles today, so I won't be running with her...tomorrow's weather is supposed to be like today's with the exception of snow instead of rain...I'll have to see how I feel in about 4 hours.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment