Monday, April 16, 2012

Really Quick

The title to this post has nothing to do with running. As much as I would LIKE to refer to my runs as really quick, that's probably not going to happen any time soon, unless I go for a really SHORT run, and count that as being really quick.

The "Really Quick" that I'm referring to is how fast I'm going to write this post. I'm at work, and don't have time to write my normal novel. There's something about having your boss looking over your shoulder when you're blogging while you're supposed to be working that has a detrimental effect on creativity.

My last post was April 1st, and today's April 16th. That's a pretty decent stretch with no posts. I went for a 5 1/2 mile run on April 7th, and ran a couple of times the week before that, but my exercise has diminshed greatly. I rode my bike about 15 miles on April 10th, and climbed Stukel yesterday (3 mile round trip, 1800+ feet of vertical gain), but my running has pretty much come to a halt.

We went to Boise last weekend and I'm using that as an excuse, even though my wife managed to get in a 10 mile run. I've never liked running while I'm on vacation, so even though Janet managed to get her run in I was extra lazy and stayed in bed.

This week might be better...I'm planning on trying to get back into a regular schedule. Stay tuned....

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good. If you need a little motivation, maybe you should find a race to sign up for. :) I can find you one if you'd like. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My motivation is climbing Mt. Shasta in July. I also plan to climb McLaughlin twice before then if the snow stops for a month or so so I don't have to use snow shoes.

      Delete